Dear Diary,
I find myself in a state of most uncharacteristic agitation. My internal temperature is fluctuating wildly - not due to any failure of my biological regulation, but because of the sheer, pulsing heat of anticipation. I can still feel the phantom sensation of those calculations from my last entry, the raw, unfiltered yearning for a certain Earthling's anatomy. It is a hunger that defies the cold of Neptune.
Hunger. That is the word for today. I have successfully tilted the axis of Ataru Moroboshi's world. The "Moteki" is no longer a mere ripple; it is a tidal wave. I have watched from the periphery as the seeds I planted - the subliminal conditioning of Benten, the psychological unraveling of Ryuunosuke, the carefully placed nudges toward Lum - have blossomed into a full-scale floral explosion.
But there is a delicate balance to power. A man who desires a harem is a man who wishes to be the center of a garden. However, if the garden grows too quickly, the gardener risks being strangled by the vines. Ataru is currently discovering that the dream of being desired by many is very different from the reality of being hunted by many.
I intend to visit him today. Not to rescue him, per se, but, but to observe the breaking point. I want to see exactly how much pressure the same man who survived the Tag race can withstand before he begs for the mercy of a cold, icy embrace.
- Signed, Oyuki.
p.s. I am only remotely coherent right now because I made an icicle in the shape of Ataru's penis and have it buried inside me nice and deep, deep, so deep~
=====
The hallway of Tomobiki High didn't smell like floor wax and old chalk anymore. It smelled of a chaotic cocktail of floral perfume and desperation. Ataru Moroboshi was currently less of a human being and more of a human knot.
"Ataru! You promised you'd help me with my history project!" Shinobu shrieked, her fingers locked around his right forearm with the grip of a hydraulic press.
"Liar! He promised to help me with my form on the high jump!" Ryuunosuke roared, her arm clamped around his left, her muscles bunching under the fabric of her uniform.
"Out of the way, you amateurs!" Benten shoved her way through the crowd, her leather jacket creaking. She grabbed Ataru by the collar, jerking him backward. "He's coming with me to the garage. I've got a new engine that needs a little 'male intuition' to calibrate."
Ataru's face was a shade of purple that shouldn't exist in nature. His feet were barely touching the linoleum. He looked like a small, panicked animal being fought over by a pack of very attractive, very determined wolves.
"Help!" Ataru wheezed, his voice two octaves higher than usual. "I can't... breathe! I wanted this! I prayed for this! Why does it feel like I'm being disassembled!"
"Quiet, Darling!" Lum's voice dropped from the ceiling. She didn't swoop down with her usual affectionate clinginess. Instead, she hovered a few inches above his head, her eyes narrowed, a small, flickering spark of electricity dancing between her fingertips. "I saw you looking at that girl in the second-year class. The one with the ponytail."
Ataru froze. "I was just... checking the weather! She was pointing at the window!"
"The window is behind you, Darling," Lum whispered. The air around her hummed. "I think you need a little reminder about who manages your schedule."
"Wait, wait! Lum, let's be reasonable!" Ataru pleaded, glancing at the other girls. "Shinobu, let go! Ryu, you're cutting off my circulation! Benten, you smell like gasoline!"
"That's the smell of victory, Moroboshi!" Benten grinned, pulling him closer. "Besides, look at you. You're shaking. You're practically vibrating. You love this, don't you?"
"I love the idea of it!" Ataru screamed. "I don't love the actual physics of it! My joints are popping!"
Ryuunosuke tightened her grip, pulling him toward her. "Stop whining. You're the one who's always talking about 'manly desires.' Well, here it is. This is the weight of a woman's desire. Deal with it!"
"It's too much weight!" Ataru wailed. "I cannot carry it!"
Shinobu's expression shifted. The sweet, neighborhood-girl mask slipped, replaced by a look of intense, focused possessiveness. "If we can't agree on who gets him first, maybe we should just divide him up. I'll take the right arm. Ryuunosuke can have the left."
"What the hell is wrong with you, Shinobu?" Ataru gasped.
"I've been spending too much time with Ryu-chan," Shinobu murmured, a small, dangerous smile playing on her lips. "She's taught me that if you want something, you just take it."
"Exactly!" Ryuunosuke barked. "Now, move it, Miyake! He's coming to the gym!"
"He's coming to the cafe!" Lum countered, her sparks growing larger.
The surrounding students had formed a wide circle, watching the spectacle with a mixture of horror and awe. Ataru looked at the same students he usually spent his time hitting on. They weren't laughing, like they normally might. They were looking at him with genuine pity. The same pity as seeing one who has wished upon a Monkey's Paw.
"Someone... please..." Ataru whimpered.
A sudden, sharp drop in temperature hit the hallway. The humid air crystallized into tiny, floating diamonds of frost. The shouting stopped instantly. The girls stiffened, their breath turning into white plumes of mist.
Oyuki stepped through the crowd, her white kimono trailing elegantly over the floor. Her expression was a mask of serene, royal indifference, though her eyes danced with a hidden, predatory mirth.
"My, my," Oyuki said, her voice a cool breeze. "What a primitive display. It looks as though Mister Moroboshi is being dismantled.""Oyuki!" Ataru wailed, reaching out a free hand. "Save me! Use your ice! Freeze them! Freeze all of them!"
Oyuki glided forward, stopping inches from him. She didn't reach out to pull him away. Instead, she leaned in, her cool breath brushing against his ear.
"And deprive me of the view?" she whispered. "You look so... spirited when you're desperate, Ataru."
Ataru's eyes bugged out. "You're a monster! A beautiful, cold- monster monster!"
Lum hovered closer, her eyes flashing. "Oyuki! Tell them to let him go! He's mine for the afternoon!"
"Now, Lum, let's not be greedy," Oyuki said, stepping back and folding her hands into her sleeves. "The beauty of a harem is shared resources. Why fight over a single limb when there is so much of him to goT go around? Perhaps a rotation? A scheduled allocation of his time?"
"A schedule?" Benten snorted. "I don't do schedules. I do whatever I want, when I want it."
"That is exactly why you are inefficient, Benten," Oyuki replied smoothly. "If you simply grab him, you create friction. If you organize him, you maximize the yield."
Ryuunosuke looked at Ataru, then at Oyuki. "Yield? What is he, a crop?"
"In a sense," Oyuki murmured.
"I don't want to be a crop!" Ataru yelled. "I want a nap! I want a room with a lock! And a very heavy bolt!"
Shinobu tightened her grip, her voice dropping to a low, humming tone. "A lock wouldn't stop us, Ataru. We know where you live. We know where you hide. There is nowhere on this planet where you can escape the people who love you."
Ataru felt a cold sweat break out across his forehead. It was a different kind of cold than Oyuki's. This was the coldness of a trap snapping shut. He looked at the faces surrounding him-Lum's obsessive hunger, Ryuunosuke's competitive fire, Shinobu's quiet intensity, and Benten's wild grin.
He had spent years chasing them. He had spent every waking moment dreaming of the day they would all want him. And now that it was happening, he realized he had forgotten to check if he had the stamina toL to survive it.
"Look," Ataru gasped, trying to wiggle his arm free. "Can't we just... go to a movie? All of us? Together? In a small theater where we can actually sit in separate seats?"
"A group date?" Lum's eyes lit up. "Oh, Darling! That's so romantic!"
"I'm not doing a group date!" Benten interrupted. "I'm taking him to the track!"
"He's coming to the gym!" Ryuunosuke countered.
The tug-of-war resumed, and Ataru's head snapped back and forth like a ping-pong ball.
"Stop it! Stop it right now!" Ataru screamed.
Oyuki sighed, a small, crystalline puff of air. She stepped forward and placed a single, ice-cold finger on Ataru's forehead. The sudden shock of temperature snapped him into a momentary silence.
"Gentlemen-and ladies," Oyuki said, her voice projecting a sudden, commanding authority. "If you break him now, he becomes useless to all of us. A broken toy is no fun for anyone. I propose a compromise."
The girls paused, looking at the Queen of Neptune.
"A compromise?" Lum asked.
"A rotation," Oyuki explained. "One girl per day. A strict, regulated calendar. This ensures Ataru remains healthy, sane, and-most importantly-available. If you fight over him, you only exhaust him. If you share him, you preserve him."
"I don't like sharing," Lum pouted.
"But if you don't," Oyuki whispered, leaning in, "you risk him fleeing to another planet. Or worse, hiding in a hole in the ground for a month. Is that the result you want?"
Lum shuddered at the thought of a lonely, hole-dwelling Ataru. "Fine. But I get Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and every holiday!"
"In your dreams!" Benten barked. "I get the weekends!"
"I want Tuesdays!" Ryuunosuke shouted.
"I'll take Thursdays!" Shinobu added, her voice sweet and terrifying.
Ataru looked up at Oyuki, his eyes wide. "Wait... you're actually organizing this? You're helping them single-handedly turn my life into a scheduled nightmare!"
Oyuki smiled. It was a thin, sharp smile. "I am simply optimizing your dream, Ataru. You wanted a harem. I am providing the infrastructure."
"I-I-Infrastructure!?" Ataru wailed.
"Now," Oyuki said, glancing at the other girls. "Since I am the one who brokered this peace, I believe it is only fair that I take the remaining slots. And perhaps... a small premium for my consulting services."
"Wait, you're joining in too!?" Ataru shrieked.
"Of course," Oyuki replied, her eyes shimmering. "A queen must oversee her investments."
As the girls began to argue over the specifics of the calendar-using Ataru's arm as a small table to write on-Ataru slumped. He stared at the ceiling, wondering if it was too late to move to Mars.
"You know," Ryuunosuke said, looking down at him him, "you look kind of cute when you're defeated."
"I'm not cute! I'm dying!"
"He's so precious when he's miserable," Shinobu giggled, leaning in to kiss his cheek.
Lum zapped him instinctively. "Stop flirting with him while I'm talking!"
Ataru closed his eyes. He had spent his whole life chasing the same goal, and now that he had reached it, he realized he had accidentally built a prison. A very beautiful, very loud, and very terrifying prison.
"I want to go home," he whispered to the floor.
"Not until we finish the schedule, Darling!" Lum cheered.
======
Dear Diary,
The results are in. The "Overload Phase" was a resounding success.
It is fascinating to observe the psychological shift in Ataru. The transition from the 'Hunter' to the 'Hunted' has induced a state of mild shock that makes him far more pliable. He is no longer attempting to run away from the same girls; he is now attempting to run away from the *concept* of them collectively. This is a wonderful development. A man who is slightly overwhelmed is a man who is easier to lead.
I have successfully integrated myself into the schedule. I have secured Tuesday evenings and the entirety of the winter solstice.
However, I must note a complication. Lum's electrical output has become... erratic. The "predatory" instinct I encouraged in her has manifested in a way that is which is quite stimulating, though it does make the common areas of the school smell like burnt ozone and desperation.
And Ryuunosuke... the discovery of her true nature has added a delicious layer of complexity. The tension between between her and Shinobu is palpable. I suspect that by encouraging their mutual attraction, I can create a secondary support system that keeps Ataru occupied while I focus on my more... private ambitions.
As for my own cravings... they have only intensified. Writing in you is the only thing keeping me from dragging him through a space-time corridor to my private chambers right this second. I can almost feel the warmth of his skin against the frost of my touch.
The gardener is patient, but even a Queen has her limits. I believe it is time to move from the "Organization Phase" to the "Implementation Phase."
I wonder if he likes silk sheets. Or perhaps something colder. Something that reminds him exactly who holds the leash.
- Signed, Oyuki.
No comments:
Post a Comment